Our 4-hour Hypnobirthing course is completely separate from our antenatal classes and designed to work perfectly alongside them. The focus is on reducing fear and building confidence surrounding birth, alongside breathing, massage and visualization techniques – to maximise your chances of having a calm, comfortable labour and birth, with as little pain as possible (or no pain at all!).
More specifically, the course will help you understand…
– How the mind and body work together, and how fear and tension can influence pain.
– The mechanics of how your body is designed to give birth. Understanding this process is a key factor in helping you build confidence in your body and reduce tension.
– Massage, breathing and visualisation techniques. Practical relaxation exercises which you and your partner can practise at home.
– How your birth partner can help you to remain relaxed throughout your labour and birth.
– How to negotiate the hospital setting and speak to birth professionals whilst remaining calm and relaxed.
– How essential oils can help.
Whether you’re hoping for a totally natural, drug-free birth, or you’d just like some skills to help you cope with the early stages of labour, before pain-relief medication becomes available, our modern, common sense approach is for you.
WHO WILL BE THERE
We can take a maximum of 15 couples per course. Unlike our antenatal classes, the Hypnobirthing courses aren’t grouped by due date – so you may be meeting other expectant parents at different stages of their pregnancy – and there isn’t a focus on getting to know each other or a shared contact list.
WHO TO BRING
The course is for you and your partner or birth partner. If they are unable to attend, please feel free to bring a friend or relative.
WHEN TO TAKE THE COURSE
Any time from 12 weeks. You can take the course much closer to your due date, but we advise fitting in as much practise as possible. A gap of at least 5 weeks between the course and your due date is advisable.
£170 per couple, or there is a substantially discounted rate of £120 per couple if you’re signed up to our antenatal course (you’ll receive the discount code when you sign up). The fee includes a Hypnobirthing book and audio tracks.
Sunday 28th April
10 Stockwell St, SE10 9BD
Saturday 11th May
Omnibus, 1 Clapham Common Northside, SW4 0QW
Sunday 12th May
JW3, 341-351 Finchley Road, NW3 6ET
Saturday 11th May
Richmond Adult Community College, Parkshot, TW9 2RE