Our Lewes antenatal classes take place at The Royal Oak, 3 Station St, BN7 2DA
Covid health & safety measures for Lewes antenatal classes
Lateral flow testing:
We strongly recommend that group members carry out a lateral flow test on the day of (and prior to attending) each class.
– our Lewes venue is covid-secure in line with government guidelines
– chairs will have been cleaned in advance of your arrival
– windows / doors will be opened and/or air conditioning will be used to encourage ventilation
As you enter the room your instructor will:
– take your temperature
– ask you to confirm that you don’t have any symptoms of covid and that, within the last 10 days, you haven’t tested positive for covid or been asked to self-isolate
– ask you to use hand sanitiser
Chairs are set up so households are seated 2 meters apart from each other, and masks aren’t mandatory while everyone is seated this way. There are moments within each antenatal class where we invite people to come closer together (eg, for smaller group discussions and activities) – in these situations masks are mandatory and we kindly ask you to keep at least 1 meter apart from other households.
You are very welcome to stand up and move around the room at any point within the classes and during breaks – just remember to wear a mask during moments where the 2 meter rule isn’t possible.
The sharing of props is reduced from our normal levels and of course there’s no need to touch props if you prefer not to. If you do, you’ll be supplied with hand sanitiser and wipes and encouraged to clean the prop before handing it on, and clean your hands afterwards.
Our afternoon teas are currently taking place outdoors as picnics, at a location chosen by group members. (Our partner bakery, Cutter & Squidge, delivers a delicious tea to each household before the date). With the colder months approaching, we’re working on a new, covid-secure plan for the tea and will be updating our members once it’s in place.