Our 4-hour Hypnobirthing course is completely separate from our antenatal classes and designed to work perfectly alongside them. The focus is on reducing fear and building confidence surrounding birth, alongside breathing, massage and visualization techniques – to maximise your chances of having a calm, comfortable labour and birth, with as little pain as possible (or no pain at all!).
More specifically, the course will help you understand…
– How the mind and body work together, and how fear and tension can influence pain.
– The mechanics of how your body is designed to give birth. Understanding this process is a key factor in helping you build confidence in your body and reduce tension.
– Massage, breathing and visualisation techniques. Practical relaxation exercises which you and your partner can practise at home.
– How your birth partner can help you to remain relaxed throughout your labour and birth.
– How to negotiate the hospital setting and speak to birth professionals whilst remaining calm and relaxed.
– How essential oils can help.
Whether you’re hoping for a totally natural, drug-free birth, or you’d just like some skills to help you cope with the early stages of labour, before pain-relief medication becomes available, our modern, common sense approach is for you.
WHO WILL BE THERE
We can take a maximum of 15 couples per course. Unlike our antenatal classes, the Hypnobirthing courses aren’t grouped by due date – so you may be meeting other expectant parents at different stages of their pregnancy.
WHO TO BRING
The course is for you and your partner or birth partner.
WHEN TO TAKE THE COURSE
Any time from 12 weeks. You can take the course much closer to your due date, but we advise fitting in as much practise as possible.
£170 per couple, or there is a substantially discounted rate of £120 per couple if you’re signed up to our antenatal classes – please contact us for the discount code. The fee includes a Hypnobirthing book and audio tracks.